Professional sports anti-doping poses a unique challenge for biochemical analytics due to the unusually low concentrations of target analytes commonly found in a variety of matrices. KorvaLabs was founded in 2008 (initially as Scott Analytics) on our extensive experience in applying mass spectrometry analytics to the elite sports anti-doping world. As demand within the elite and amateur sports industries continues to rise, we continue our longstanding history of exceptional service and scientifically-driven innovation.
Liquid Chromatography / Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LS/MS/MS)
Liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry provides identification of analytes of interest within a mixture based on retention time and characteristic parent/daughter ion fragmentation patterns, which provides the compound’s unique molecular fingerprint. When liquid chromatography is suitable for separation of compounds, LC/MS/MS can provide significantly greater sensitivity than the corresponding gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (i.e., GC/MS). KorvaLabs employs LC/MS/MS for the identification of substances in “white powders” – such as in the case of certification of dietary supplements – and for certain compounds in urine where GC/MS is not sufficient.
Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
Like LC/MS, the related gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (i.e., GC/MS)provides identification based on retention time and ion fragmentation patterns; however, GC/MS… KorvaLabs uses GC/MS for the detection of most banned substances in urine. GC/MS is particularly important in evaluating endogenous steroid profiles.
- Metabolism Charts
- Target Compounds Explained
DNA: Your New Insurance Policy
- Use DNA to protect your athletes
- No More Observed Collections Needed
- Drastically Cuts Down Collection Costs
- Protect Your Sponsors/Brand Reputation
- Comprehensive WADA Banned Substances Monitoring
- Private and Confidential
- Customizable Based on Your Monitoring Goals
- Customizable for Any Budget
We provide custom analysis of supplements or other material for the purpose of establishing the existence or absence of a contaminating prohibited substance (qualitative). We can also determine the quantity of the substance found (quantitative).
Custom Anti-Doping Programs
Restricted to teams and persons with Data collected in ADAMS. This is a very affordable option for teams who would like to start with a very efficient program without spending too much money.
- Bi-Weekly monitoring of the ADAMS profile of the athlete
- Timely and comprehensive reports
- A detailed analysis is provided within 3 days of the discovery of an anomaly
- Quarterly reports are provided if there are no concerns
- Helps keep your sponsors and stakeholders satisfied and secure
- US$1000 per athlete per year
ELITE CUSTOMIZED ANTI-DOPING MONITORING PROGRAM
Includes everything in our Athlete Passport Monitoring Program above, PLUS:
- Customized, private (internal) collection and testing program
- Collections of blood and urine with a frequency customized to your needs
- All collections are randomly scheduled from the perspective of the athlete with no advance notice
- Biomarker tracking in blood and urine
- Direct detection of prohibited substances found on the most current version of the WADA list of prohibited substances and methods. View WADA list
- Contact us to discuss your program and pricing
Biomarker analysis can include:
- Blood cell testing focusing on Hematocrit, Mean Cell Volume, Reticulocyte cell count, Hb mass, Off score and other standard blood test parameters used in the sport; and
- Blood serum testing for Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), Luteinizing hormone (LH), and human Growth Hormone (hGH); and
- Urinalysis of an athlete’s endogenous steroids
Consulting and Litigation Support
- Review, opinion and general consultation on anti-doping matters and analytical results.
- “B” Sample Observation
- Expert Witness